Dynamic SMS Delivery Report
ediarosms offers dynamic delivery report immediately to notify you about the status of your SMS Text messages sent in a simple and easily understandable format. The report will show you the message, delivery status, date, time, number of units and number of pages.
SMS MESSAGE STATUS DESCRIPTION
- MESSAGE IN QUEUE: Our server has accepted your message & is in queue to be submitted to the Carrier (Network Operator)
- SUBMITTED TO CARRIER: Your message has been submitted to the Carrier's SMSC (Short Message Service Center) and is waiting for the delivery status confirmation from
- DELIVERED: Your message has been delivered to the destination mobile number
- EXPIRED: Your message validity period has expired. This happens when the destination mobile is either switched off or out of coverage area for a certain period of time. The SMSC failed to deliver even after its final attempt as per its retry scheme.
- UNDELIVERED: Your message was not delivered. This happens when the Carrier encounters inactive or unidentified or untraceable destination mobile number.
It also happens when the mobile phone memory or phone inbox is full.
When there is no credit balance available to receive the SMS Text message (specifically for pre-paid or pay-as-you-go).
The destination does is not enabled to receive SMS Text message (happen in selected situations and countries such as USA)
- REJECTED: Your message was rejected at the SMSC of the Carrier. This happens when the destination network is not available or blocked to the Carrier
Important Points about Delivery Reports
Message States 1 and 2 i.e. "Message in Queue" and "Submitted to Carrier" are only temporary states. They eventually would move to States 3, 4, 5 or 6 i.e. "Delivered" or "Expired" or "Undelivered" or "Rejected".We are charged for all message states returned by the Carrier except for "Rejected State"; the reason being that the
Operator's GSM network and infrastructure is taken up for trying to deliver your SMS Text messages. We follow the same principle to bill our Users. All GSM networks support delivery receipts while CDMA technology does not support this. They return a delivery receipt as and when they accept it at their SMSC but the final delivery to the actual recipient is their sole discretion. The actual delivery is consistent with our expectations most of the times (around 99.95%).
How to Check Delivery Report
To check all SMS delivery report logs; such as Delivered, Pending, Failed; Rejected, Number on DND list etc, login to your ediarosms account and view them at http://ediarosms.com/sms/sms_log