How to Extract Phone Numbers from your Phone
The process of extracting contacts from your phone can be a doubting task and usually one of the most complicated process. Many software usually fail with the upgrade in the various operating systems of the phones. This is why we try to simplify this process by adopting email
back up system.
Below is a process on how to Synchronise your Mobile Phone powered by Android, IOS, Blackberry and Windows OS Phone with your email).
For the purpose of this experiment, we will be using Gmail for the backup; due to it’s flexibility, ease of use, low data requirement, compulsory requirement to run an Android phone among others. So if you don’t have a gmail email account, visit www.gmail.com to open an account now.
How To Import/Copy Phone Numbers from Android Phone to Gmail
Various Android phones may have slight diffrence due to be model of phone of version of Android running on your phone, but the whole process is similar to the illustration below:
Open your Android Phone, click on Contacts menu > More > Import/Export > Copy From Here (Select the location you usually save your contacts to; e.g Phone/Phone Store) > Click Next > Copy Contacts to (Select your gmail account you want the contacts to be backed up into e.g firstname.lastname@example.org) > Click Next > You will be shown many contacts you can choose to tick one by one; if you are not planning to invite everyone or your contact list or Click Select All button to copy all contacts at once > Click the COPY button to begin copying your Contacts from your Phone to Your Email (The time it will take to complete the backup process will be dependent on your phone speed, internet speed, volume of data on your phone among others) Once complete, you will see a successfull message. At this stage all your phone contacts has been backedup to your Gmail.
How To Import/Copy Phone Numbers from Iphone to Gmail
Transfering contact from your Iphone or IPAD to Gmail is quiet simple, You will need to establish a sync between your iPhone/IPAD and Gmail first.
How to copy Iphone or IPAD contacts to Gmail
1. Set up your GMAIL account on your iPhone for calendar sync:
- On iPhone/IPAD open Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Add Account> Google.
- Enter your credentials (Enter your email and password. If you use 2-Step verification, use an app password.). > Enable ‘Contacts’
- Tap the Next Button
- Switch “Contacts” on.
At the top, tap Save.
- OR follow Google’s instructions.
To start syncing, open your iPhone or iPad’s Contacts app.
Troubleshooting: Contacts aren’t syncing
Make sure your Google Account is connected to your iPhone or iPad using SSL, the recommended secure connection.
- Open your iPhone or iPad’s Settings app. > Tap Contacts and then Accounts. > Tap your Google account. > Switch “Contacts” on. > Tap Account and then Advanced. > Switch “Use SSL” on. > Tap Account and then Done. > Try adding your account again.
2. On the iPhone/Ipad, open Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Scroll to section ‘Contacts’
- Open Default Account
- Select your GMAIL account
Transfer contacts from SIM card to GMAIL directly
Straight foward but only applies to contacts on the SIM card.
On your iPhone, open Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Import SIM Contacts. Choose to import SIM Contacts to “Google Mail Calendar”.
How To Import/Copy Phone Numbers from Blackberry to Gmail
Below is a simple step by step set up Contact Syncing on Your BlackBerry
- Choose Setup on the home screen of your BlackBerry.
- Within Setup, choose Email Setup.
- Select Add.
- Choose Gmail from the list and then select Next.
- Scroll down until you find Synchronization Options, and then select it.
Check the Contacts checkbox.
Alternatively, below is another idea to extract phone numbers from your blackberry without using your Gmail
- Enable bluetooth from your Blackberry network settings.
- Pair your Blackberry device with your PC or Laptop
- Once pairing is complete, click your newly paired device, then press the BB menu button.
- Select “Transfer Contacts” from the menu options
- A notification stating how many contacts are being processed will be displayed.
- Accept the VCard file -this contains all your contacts (Phonebook.vcf) and save it on your Desktop. Open it then Copy all contacts into an excel sheet
- Then login to your ediarosms.com account and import the contact details and begin messagnig them.
How to Download phone contacts from your Gmail to your PC
After successfull backup of your contacts with a web based email client system such as Gmail ; follow the process below to download the contacts in Excel or CSV.
a) Login to your Gmail email account
b) At the top right hand corner of the page, Click on Gmail on the drop down menu (its below the Google logo)
c) Click on More drop down menu on the Left hand corner of the page.
d) A pop up comes up “Export from old version” will show, click on “Go to old version”
e) A new page will open and pop up to show your contact list
f) On the top right corner of the page, click on “More” drop down menu
g) Leave in default setting on All contacts, On the part “Which export format?”, Tick Outlook CSV format (for importing into Outlook or another application) and Click on Export button
h) Open the Exported file, delete all irrelevant columns, leaving only the phone number parts useful for sending bulk sms on ediarosms.com.
The columns usefull for us are: First Name, Last Name,Home Phone, Home Phone 2 and Mobile Phone
i) At the first line of the excel file downloaded on your pc make the following updates:
Change First Name to Firstname
Change Last Name to Lastname
Change Home Phone to Phone
Home Phone 2 to Phone
Change Mobile Phone 2 to Phone
The save the excel file
j) Login to your ediarosms.com account; and buy sms units that will be sufficient for your messaging if you don’t have units
k) Click Send SMS
Sometimes the contacts you have are already in excel format and all you need is just to upload the contact and send message to them once, instead of going through the stress of importing them to your contact, you can just add comma after each number; copy and paste to contact list and send sms to them once .
To add comma behind the numbers in excel, follow the explanation in the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3l8c8IMSH8
Afterwards, copy the contacts (Note that maximum batch upload per message sent at once is 5000 messages, so you are advised to break them down and send in multiple batches if the contacts exceed that number) and paste in the box “paste receipients phone numbers” at http://www.ediarosms.com/sms/send_sms , compose your message and send.
Click here Now!! to open an account, get free test SMS unit , existing customers can login here and begin messaging
For support, contact ediarosms.com team via email@example.com or call (+234) 080-9502-9999.