Effective communication is this 21st century knowledge-based economy. Getting results mean efficiently exchanging information with employees, whether by giving instructions or receiving valuable feedback.
SMS for internal communications for most employeess because they always have their phones on them, texts are more likely to be read and responded to than an email; thereby making it best medium of real-time information dissemination. Though the classic tools for internal communication are email and intra-office telephone systems/intercom. These tools serve their purposes, but SMS offers features they simply can’t match.
Below are are unique ways a company can utilize Bulk SMS internally with their employees and take advantage of this fast and efficient means of communication.
Communicating to offsite employees
For organisations that have marketing and sales team always on the road, or a fleet of drivers spread across the city — the best, affordable and efficient way to reach them is Text message. If you want to get their attention immediately and you don’t want to call their mobile phones or hope they’ll check email, SMS for internal communications is the best solution for communicating to offsite employees.
Due to existing record and trust, most companies prefer to hire internally for available position. This is because it saves them the cumbersome process and expensive process of recruitment; all they have to do is promote internally. SMS provides easy access for employees to available positions within the company. Instead of sending out constant emails to your employees or posting on notice boards, all you have to do is text them to receive a link to up-to-date available jobs.
In addition, non-staff too can benefit from SMS as well. Promoting your company through print ads, billboards or job fairs? Just have prospective candidates text a memorable keyword to an easy-to-remember short code like 40411 and automatically send back job listings. You can collect leads as well so you can follow up with promising candidates.
Whether we’re talking about monthly targets, important deadlines or intra-company events, you always want to plan in advance to avoid last minute rush. Communicating with employees in a timely manner about events and initiatives makes your company better organized, which in turn yields enhanced productivity and a more satisfied workforce. Interestingly, SMS is easy, brief and straight to the point, so you can just seat, compose the message and send once.
For example, you can send employees text messages informing them about upcoming office closures or maintenance activities, therefore avoiding office arrivals on closed days. This saves time and makes everyone happier.
Closures & Emergency Notifications
The definition of an emergency is that you won’t see it coming. Have you ever showed up to work only to find that you missed an email telling you that the office is actually closed that day? Not checking your email in time should never be a reason to miss important information, which is why text messaging is a great way to inform employees in real-time of any workplace closures.
Whether you’re sending your employees real-time updates and instructions or you simply want to remind your employees what they need to do, in fact, SMS for internal communications can keep everyone safer and more informed in the workplace.
That’s why you need to put in place a comprehensive plan for when the unexpected strikes. Here are a few types of emergencies that require instant instructions and updates:
- IT problems (viruses, downed serves, etc.)
- Hackings, robberies
- Industrial Strike action, OccupyNaija and other Civil unrest
- Bomb blast or fire outbreak
- Earthquakes or other Natural disasters
- Democracy Day Public Holiday
Fortunately, there’s a solution. Text messaging delivers information faster than any other means of communication.
There’s so much going on within a company on any given day just to keep it running smoothly. Sometimes things like conference calls and meetings slip through the cracks and are forgotten. You can simply remedy this by sending out alerts to remind employees where to be, and when for meetings. Messages can be sent out to single individuals, or to a group which you can create on ediarosms.com .
Being busy should never be a bad thing, and with the help of SMS for internal communications, it doesn’t have to be.
Specifically Bulk SMS can be used for the following:
- Alerts on change/delay of cab timings to the employees.
- Salary confirmation.
- Performance reward.
- Informing people about any job openings, Walk in interviews etc.
- Sending personalized greetings to employees on occasions like birthdays, wedding etc.
- Providing information like leave balances, deductions etc. to employees on demand.
- Important notifications (calling employees back from break in case of emergencies).
- SMS-based marketing campaigns on a mass-scale basis for overseas clients (on permission).
- Generation of alerts / notifications to the target audience in any business process that is being outsourced at the cheapest price (e.g. issuing alert to a prospective candidate or appearing in final interview in case of HR process outsourcing).
- Broadcasting corporate messages / events / seminars.
- Alerts to mobile sales force on change in incentive structure.
- Reminders to employees for appraisal review.
- Taking inputs from mobile employees for peer review.